Super healthy and one of daddy's favorites!
- 2 tubes of refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 eggs
- 10 ounce package of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (I've also used Colby, Cheddar,and Monterey Jack- it usually depends what's on hand)
- salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
- optional, 4 oz can of mushrooms...if you like them.
Press and flatten the biscuits onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 11x7 casserole dish; set aside. Cook beef and onions in a large skillet; drain. In a bowl, beat eggs and add spinach, beef, cheeses and spices. Spoon into prepared crust and bake at 375 deg for 30 minutes or until crust is browned.
Yields 6 servings